Committees & Responsibilities
How can Southern Kentuckians participate in meaningful volunteer opportunities and network with a diverse group of peers? There’s one easy way: serve on a United Way committee.
Allocations Committees - Fund Distribution
Email email@example.com for more information.
The Fund Distribution Committees begin to meet in the first quarter each year. These committees make funding recommendations to the Board of Directors. Their responsibilities include:
- Reviewing funding applications
- Meeting with representatives from each agency applying for funding
- Developing funding recommendations
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The role of the Campaign Cabinet is to generate revenue for United Way of Southern Kentucky by building relationships with existing and potential donors. Counties with active workplace campaigns have stand alone campaign cabinets. Cabinet members will facilitate the process in their county and will be assigned to a group of accounts. In addition to assigned accounts, members have the opportunity to select high potentials and new business companies as well as individuals for personal visits..
- Respectfully presenting United Way's image to the public
- Building relationships in and with the community
- Educating the public about philanthropy and ways to engage in thoughtful volunteer work
- Working through the media and personal contacts to meet these aims
- Purpose of Committee: 1) To engage Southern Kentucky in meaningful volunteer experiences 2) To add to the Volunteer element of the call to action: Give. Advocate. Volunteer.
- Key Responsibilities: 1) To serve as a liaison between the United Way and your company and contacts 2) To assist with events 3) To provide input and advice on current and future volunteer events Supervision: Reports directly to Director of Volunteering and Brand Management Length of Appointment: February – December Time Commitment: To average 1 hour per month (which may increase in the months that an event occurs, but it is up to volunteer by how much); There are currently six 1 hour Volunteer Committee meetings scheduled per year.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
The Dolly Parton Imagination Library committee provides oversight and support to the program. Their key responsibilities include:
- To serve as a liaison between the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program with your company and contacts.
- To assist with identifying revenue generating sources throughout the nine county service area.
- To build relationships with potential partners interested in early childhood education.
Community Impact Committee
Email email@example.com for more information.