Dear Community Leader:
Thank you for taking a moment to review our website. As you peruse the information I hope you will notice a few key factors:
- Transparency: United Way is open and honest about who is funded, how the money is utilized and who is involved.
- Local and autonomous: United Way is volunteer driven and governed by your friends, peers and co-workers living and working in Southern Kentucky.
- Responsive: United Way analyzes the needs of the community and then responds to the most critical and serious issues impacting the region today.
- Accountable: United Way ensures that the dollars donated go to help people where they are intended.
- Integrity: United Way values your trust and works to strengthen that trust through our management processes and goals every day.
- Financially sound: United Way is conservative in conducting business to ensure not the success of today, but maintaining that success for another 50 years.
As an organization that relies on public support (98% of our revenue is derived from employees and companies) we recognize that we must have high expectations for excelling. We strive to excel in meeting the needs of the community, excel in generating revenue to meet those needs, and excel in being proactive in order to determine future needs and prepare ourselves and the community to meet those needs.
We need you to continue or become a new partner with us to be successful.
When you reach out a hand to one you are influencing the condition of all. Please join us in reaching our your hand in partnership with United Way so that we, as a community, can influence the condition of all.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact me anytime. Thank you for spending a few moments learning more about United Way of Southern Kentucky!
Steve Wallace, President/ CEO
firstname.lastname@example.org I 270.843.3205